Puget Sound Skills Center
18010 8th Avenue South Burien, WA 98148

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Puget Sound Skills Center
18010 8th Avenue South Burien, WA 98148

You Are About To Leave the Puget Sound Skills Center (PSSC) Website

You are now leaving the PSSC website and will be redirected to a third-party application or website. This site may have advertisements or other content not necessarily endorsed or approved by PSSC or Highline Public Schools. 


Register for 2022-2023 FULL School Year

To register for full year classes in the 2022-23 school year, apply online here: with your high school counselor, or call us at 206-631-7300.

All PSSC courses are taught by experienced professionals using state-of-the-art technology and equipment. Our courses give students the foundation and training needed to prepare for post-secondary education and enter emerging, world-market careers. Classes are two-and-a-half hours daily and students attend one class and can earn 1.5 credits (1.0 for Third Session- 2021-2022 school year) for each semester of successful completion. Courses offer equivalency credits in math, science, fine arts, health, PE, and English depending on the curriculum.

PSSC students may also earn credits for off-campus work experiences. Best of all, PSSC courses are free! Transportation is provided from high schools in Federal Way, Highline, Tukwila, and Tahoma! Need credit-retrieval assistance? PSSC offers a unique, high school completion program for students who have a proven track record at PSSC but are behind in credits at their neighborhood high school.

NON-Resident Students 

How do non-resident students access Highline Public Schools Skills Center

Highline Public Schools has adopted a very specific process to enroll non-resident students wishing to access skills center programming only. If you are a non-resident student, that lives outside of the Highline Public School boundaries and you wish to attend the skills center you are required to follow the below steps:

  1. Contact the Skills Center for more information about the program you wish to enroll in. The Skills Center staff can provide you with details about what you need to enroll and how.
  2. Contact the district office where you reside to obtain more information on where to obtain an Inter-District Agreement form to be released part-time.

Why does Highline Public Schools require an Inter-District Agreement form instead of accepting a Choice transfer request?

Choice transfer releases are intended to release a student from their resident school district for full time enrollment into a district that they do not reside. Inter-District Agreements are set up to allow students to request consideration for part time enrollment or dual enrollment in two different districts at the same time.

Non-resident students requesting attendance to Highline Public Schools (HPS) for the sole purpose of enrolling in a Skills Center program are required to complete an Inter-District Agreement form for part time release. If a student wished to attend HPS full time AND access programming at the Skills Center, the district would accept a Choice transfer request, but the student would be required to follow the non-resident enrollment process as set out in Policy and Procedure 3141.

For Questions on Skills Center enrollment, please contact:

Skills Center Registrar at 206-631-7330.

For Questions on the transfer processes, please contact:

Enrollment Services Manager at 206-631-3148 or 
Student Placement Services Manager at 206-631-3065.